Well its January. The Christmas chocolates are dwindling and the cookies are finally all gone. It’s time to get back on track with healthy eating. Prior to Christmas, my freezer was full of chocolate covered banana bites, a recipe I tried earlier in the fall. Having seen a few other variations online, I experimented this morning and came up with this:
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 cup of granola
- peanut butter, if desired
1. Slice bananas into bite-sized pieces.
2. Pierce with a skewer and dip the banana in yogurt*
3. Use the back of a spoon to wipe off excess yogurt.
4. Poor granola onto a plate and place the dipped banana into the granola, rolling it around to completely cover it.
5. Place the banana bite onto a parchment lined baking dish and remove skewer
*Another variation is to place a spoonful of peanut butter between two banana bites before dipping it into the yogurt
6. Refrigerate banana bites until frozen and transfer to ziplock bags or airtight containers