Sandwich spread. Veggie dip. Side for nachos, tacos and chili. I could honestly sit down and just eat a bowl of guacamole on its own. Full of healthy mono-saturated fats, avocados are a great way to add many essential vitamins and minerals to your diet with minimal calories. Whip up this recipe and keep it on hand to add healthy fat and flavour to your meals.
Serves: 2 Ready In: 5 minutes
- 1 rip avocado
- 1-2 tbsp of Epicure Guacamole Dip Mix (http://www.epicureselections.com/en/products/food/dip-mixes/1070/guacamole-dip-mix)
- 1-2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp of plain greek yogurt
1. Cut avocado in half, remove pit (gently squeeze until it pops out)
2. To quickly remove the avocado from the flesh, slice the avocado into segments by cutting horizontal and vertical cuts, being careful not to cut through the peel. Then, pick up each half, and squeeze the pieces into a small mixing bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. I use a fork to mash the avocado but you can also use a potato masher. If you prefer a creamy avocado, add more yogurt and consider pulsing the guacamole with an immersion blender.
4. Refrigerate and enjoy!