Cranberries and apples collide with ginger and cinnamon to create a fall favourite recipe of mine. These baked oatmeal cups make an excellent breakfast-on-the run, a perfect mid-morning snack, and freeze well for future cravings!
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 5 minutes Ready In: 40 minutes
- 2 cups of rolled oats (I prefer large flakes)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 cup of frozen cranberries
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp of plain greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the oats, nuts and spices in a small bowl
3. In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients.
4. Incorporate dry ingredients, and stir until well combined.
5. Spoon batter into 6 greased muffin pans
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes
7. Remove from oven and place the muffin pan on a wire rack. Allow the baked oatmeal to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
8. Serve with a dollop of yogurt or enjoy it on its own.