Overnight oats are my new favourite breakfast. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and a very satisfying meal for a busy morning in the classroom.
My staple recipe is 1/2 cup of oats, 2 tbsp of chia seeds combined with 1/2 cup of greek yogurt and 1/2 cup almond milk. Then I just add 1/2 cup of whatever combination of fruit I’m craving (berries, dried fruit, bananas, etc), 1-2 tsp of spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa, peanut butter, honey, vanilla) and a sprinkly additional toppings (coconut, nuts, raisins, etc)
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Ready In: Overnight
- 1/2 cup rolled steel-cut oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup raspberries
1. Combine all ingredients except raspberries in a large mason jar. Shake and stir until well combined.
2. Add raspberries and gently stir.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Picture to follow in the morning!