I just whipped up this recipe while waiting for supper. It’s a quick and nutritious breakfast that can be prepared in the evening to have on hand on those busy workday mornings. I’m a huge fan of coconut, but if you aren’t a fan, omit the coconut and replace coconut milk with almond milk.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Ready In: 40 minutes
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 3 dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- sprinkle of unsweetened coconut, if desired
- Blend all ingredients blueberries, bananas, milk and dates in an immersion blender.
- Add chia seeds and stir until well combined
- Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 30 minutes
- Serve with fresh blueberries and shredded coconut