This creamy soup makes a great appetizer or a satisfying lunch on a cold damp spring day.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 20 mins Ready In: 50 mins
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & cubed
- 2 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake squash for 20 minutes on each side
- Meanwhile, chop and prep veggies.
- When squash is just about done, heat coconut oil in a large pot
- Saute onions, celery, apply and nutmeg and saute for approximately 5 minutes
- Remove squash from oven and cup lengthwise in half. Scoop out the seeds. Cut into smaller pieces, remove skin and add to pot, along with 2-3 cups of vegetable broth.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree in a blender.
- Transfer back to pot, add coconut milk, stir and serve.