Sweet potatoes, kidney beans, quinoa, spinach, carrots and spices combine to make a deliciously satisfying burger you can sit down and eat with a fork and knife. No bun or sides required….there’s so many nutrients jammed into these patties you won’t need anything else!
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 40 Ready In: 70 minutes
- 1/4 cup quinoa (I used red, but white would be fine)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2T Coconut or Olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup kidney beans
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Epicure Burger Seasoning
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour or panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake sweet potato
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil, add quinoa, cover, reduce heat and let cook for 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic and chilli powder and saute for 3-5 minutes. Next, add spinach and carrots until spinach wilts.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, peel and cube and transfer to a large bowl.
- Rinse and drain kidney beans, and mash with sweet potatoes, along with maple syrup and seasoning
- Transfer sauteed veggies, and quinoa, and stir until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form patties, approximately 1/2 cup each in size. Coat in panko crumbs or chickpea flower.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, flipping half-way.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese, avocado slices and tomatoes