These muffins make a great breakfast on their own, topped with warm butter & honey, or can be served crumbled atop Greek yogurt.
Serves: 12 Prep Time: 10 minutes Ready In: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup wheat bran
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin tin with butter
- Add butter and brown sugar to a large bowl and stir, by hand, until well combined.
- Whisk egg in a small dish and add to butter mixture, along with yogurt and molasses
- Gently fold by hand, careful not to over mix
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients with the wet, stirring gently until just combined
- Finally, add blueberries, again, stirring only until combined.
- Transfer to muffin pan by heaping 1/4 cups and bake on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes
- Insert toothpick into muffins – it will come out dry when fully cooked
- Place muffin tray on a rack to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing muffins