I was invited to a BBQ this evening, and asked to bring a dessert. I wanted two things: no bake (anyone in NL will understand why!) and a way to use the last of my blueberries to make room for this year’s berries. I did some searching and found inspiration from Eat Good 4 Life, one of my go-to recipe blogs. There, I found Gluten-Free No Bake Blackberry Frozen Cheesecake. I made some changes, and came up with these.
Serves: 20 squares Prep Time: 15 minutes Ready In: 4 hours
- 1 cup prunes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 packages of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup frozen lemonade
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- If you have a food processor, process all ingredients for 1-2 minutes, until well combined
- If you don’t have a food processor, or it’s temporarily unavailable (like mine) cut prunes and combine with oil and milk. Using an immersion blender, process. Add chia seeds and process again. Slowly add oats until well combined. Finally, stir in flour with hands
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and transfer crust. Place in fridge while preparing filling
- Whip the cream cheese and honey using a mixer, until smooth. Then add lemonade and mix until blended.
- Transfer half the batter on top of the crust.
- Now add 1 cup of the berries and blend until fully incorporated
- Transfer this batter on top of cheesecake and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of berries
- Place in freezer for 3-4 hours
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer at least 20 minutes prior to serving. Pull the cheesecake from the baking dish, remove parchment paper and place on a rack to partially defrost. After 20 minutes, transfer to a cutting surface and cut into squares. Keep square frozen until ready to eat.