The zucchinis are big & bountiful at the roadside farm stands and at the nearby farm. Having picked up a few, I searched a few of my favourite website for recipe inspiration. I’m not one to follow most recipes to the nine, but this one looked perfect to me so I gave it a go. And it certainly delivered! Homemade avocado & basil pesto, grilled zucchinis & tomatoes, and crumbled goat cheese. It’s worth the little extra effort to make this lunchtime sandwich!
Check it out for yourself: “Grilled Zucchini, Goat Cheese & Pesto Panini”
A few local notes:
- I picked up fresh baked Tomato Thyme Focaccia bread from the Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food
- I used tomatoes and zucchini from L A Farms Market, Gambo
- I used Garlic & Chive Goat Cheese from Hug Your Nanny, a cheese made in Nova Scotia and sold at Lester’s Farm Market
- I opted to use an immersion blender to mix the pesto, and it worked great!
- I don’t have a panini press (YET!) so I grilled my sandwich for 3-5 minutes per side in a cast iron fry pan