Aaaahhh fall. My favourite season for so many reasons! From the crisp fall air to the colourful leafs crunching under your feet to the abundant farm flavours of zucchini, corn, apples and sugar pumpkins. Here’s another great recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod. I omitted the white sugar and upped the cinnamon (see below), and used unsweetened coconut and it turned out delicious!
Makes: 1 loaf Prep Time: 15 minutes Ready In: 70 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed and drained in a paper towel)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Stir in the shredded coconut.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let zucchini bread cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing.