Whip up this delicious blend of fruits for sweet, satisfying breakfast treat!
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Ready In: Overnight
- 1/2 cup large-flake oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana, sliced
- strawberries, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except strawberries in an extra large mason jar. Stir until combined, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with sliced strawberries.
Almond butter, almonds, oatmeal and banana baked in muffin pans the night before a busy work week, makes for quick and satisfying breakfasts…or a tasty after school snack 🙂
Serves: 5 Prep Time: 5 mins Ready In: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or regular milk if you prefer)
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pan
- Combine almond butter, milk and banana in a small bowl. Stir by hand until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine
- Spoon mixture to fill approximately 5 muffin cups
- Top with a slice of banana and additional almonds, if desired
- Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and remove from pan
I just whipped up this recipe while waiting for supper. It’s a quick and nutritious breakfast that can be prepared in the evening to have on hand on those busy workday mornings. I’m a huge fan of coconut, but if you aren’t a fan, omit the coconut and replace coconut milk with almond milk.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Ready In: 40 minutes
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 3 dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- sprinkle of unsweetened coconut, if desired
- Blend all ingredients blueberries, bananas, milk and dates in an immersion blender.
- Add chia seeds and stir until well combined
- Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 30 minutes
- Serve with fresh blueberries and shredded coconut