I was invited to a BBQ this evening, and asked to bring a dessert. I wanted two things: no bake (anyone in NL will understand why!) and a way to use the last of my blueberries to make room for this year’s berries. I did some searching and found inspiration from Eat Good 4 Life, one of my go-to recipe blogs. There, I found Gluten-Free No Bake Blackberry Frozen Cheesecake. I made some changes, and came up with these.
Serves: 20 squares Prep Time: 15 minutes Ready In: 4 hours
- 1 cup prunes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 packages of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup frozen lemonade
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- If you have a food processor, process all ingredients for 1-2 minutes, until well combined
- If you don’t have a food processor, or it’s temporarily unavailable (like mine) cut prunes and combine with oil and milk. Using an immersion blender, process. Add chia seeds and process again. Slowly add oats until well combined. Finally, stir in flour with hands
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and transfer crust. Place in fridge while preparing filling
- Whip the cream cheese and honey using a mixer, until smooth. Then add lemonade and mix until blended.
- Transfer half the batter on top of the crust.
- Now add 1 cup of the berries and blend until fully incorporated
- Transfer this batter on top of cheesecake and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of berries
- Place in freezer for 3-4 hours
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer at least 20 minutes prior to serving. Pull the cheesecake from the baking dish, remove parchment paper and place on a rack to partially defrost. After 20 minutes, transfer to a cutting surface and cut into squares. Keep square frozen until ready to eat.
It’s rhubarb season so here’s a delicious breakfast or snack option. Make this recipe gluten-free by using oat flour.
- 2 cups oat flour (or enriched white flour)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease
- Pour milk into a measuring cup, add lemon juice and let sit 5 mins
- Meanwhile, stir dry ingredients by hand in a medium bowl until combined
- Place butter in a small dish and microwave for 10-20 seconds until soft
- In a large bowl, add sugars, butter and egg yolks, whisk by hand with a fork and fold in buttermilk
- Gently fold dry ingredients & rhubarb into the large bowl using a fork until just combined
- Next, whisk egg whites until small peaks form
- Fold eggs into batter and scoop by 1/4 cups into muffin pan
- Place muffins on bottom rack and bake for 20-25 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean
- Move to middle rack and cook for an additional 5 minutes until tops turn a golden brown
Whip up this delicious blend of fruits for sweet, satisfying breakfast treat!
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Ready In: Overnight
- 1/2 cup large-flake oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana, sliced
- strawberries, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except strawberries in an extra large mason jar. Stir until combined, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with sliced strawberries.
Gluten-free, refined sugar-free and oh so peanut-buttery yummy!
Serves: 6-8 Prep Time: 5 mins Ready In: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 cup of brown rice cereal
- 1 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- Combine oats and rice cereal in a small bowl
- Combine all other ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a small sauce pan
- Over low heat, stir until melted and blended
- Meanwhile, grease an 8×8 pan
- Remove from heat and add oats & rice – stir until well combined
- Transfer mixture to pan and top with chocolate chips, if desired
- Place in freezer for approximately 15 minutes, cut, serve and enjoy!